Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool and wool blends, Bamboo and blends, silk and blends, cotton and blends, would like to knit with some linen someday… DON’T like foo-foo yarns – novelty yarn – not fond of Red Heart yarn either.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Storing them in something… now that’s a good thought… I have them everywhere – I’m trying to round them all up and get organized in these cute little bags I got at my LYS.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for just over 4 years, I learned by going online and looking at how to cast on – and by asking the girls I work with lots of questions. I consider myself an intermediate-advanced knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent?
COFFEE! When it comes to candles and lotions I tend to like the citrus scents, orange blossom, grapefruit, even cucumber, anything clean smelling… and coffee too!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, a bit… I love any candy that has peanut butter or coffee or chocolate or nuts or all of the above in it!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Since I started knitting all other craft stuff has stopped! I don’t spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like the George Winston type of music when I listen. Anything soothing or relaxing. The loud stuff I save for once in a while when I driving to keep me awake! I can play MP3’s. I listen mostly to books… love thrillers and mysteries!
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Blues!!! I also really like greens, red, really dark plum colors, earthy browns, a little pink goes a long way in my life, as does orange and yellow. Is there a bad color?
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with 2 very spoiled dogs!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Hmmm…. I like to make hats, don’t wear them much. I’m going to make a ponchette, and I’m not much of a mitten wearer. I like scarves or maybe it’s stoles I like!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
SOCKS!!! shawls/lace scarfs, baby or toddler stuff & cardigans – not that all of these items get finished!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, felted bags, stoles, cardigans & baby stuff!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
As long as it’s not something for the bathroom! I love cotton wash cloths and could never get enough of them as far as I’m concerned.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles – but now I’m starting to build my collection of straights. I love bamboo, and addi lace needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I’ve been knitting for just over 4 years… so I’d have to say 3+ years old!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
4th of July & Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Knitting patterns, pens, stitch markers that have yarn shop names on them, tin beach pails, note cards, recipes, paper shopping bags from different stores that are cool and can be re-used, natural soaps & lotions, tote bags of all sizes and YARN!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
books… I do not actually OWN any Elizabeth Zimmerman books, I just keep checking them out at the library, I think it’s past time to own them!
yarns i’ve never knit with… cotton denim, corntastic, anything yak, hempathy, linen blends, lornas laces – red, white and blue sock yarn!!! Woolen Rabbit Whisper Lace in Rhubarb!!!!
patterns… the Honeybee stole, Bee Fields shawl, and Hayrick socks! – all Anne Hanson patterns!! Cedar Creek sock pattern by Kaci Kyler Hays. CeCe by Bonne Burns – Chic Knits
i do NOT subscribe to any knitting mags right now. would like to get a Vogue subscriptions someday, and maybe Interweave Knits. I love all foreign knitting mags like from the UK and Australia.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Entrelac & Fair Isle so I can make this cool felted bag all done in fair isle!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! size 9 1/2 shoe…
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Yes, I’m dblyouxwhyz