Well looky here… it’s JULY!
So much and so little has happened since I last posted. Let me think a moment…
- I finished my mom’s sweater, the beautiful February Lady sweater (she is coming to visit this weekend so I will get a picture of her wearing it.)
- I actually got half way done with the Mystery Shawlette KAL – and I’m evening thinking about fixing my little mistake, and finishing it.
- I started a crescent-shaped shawl (Mezquita Shawl by Roxanne Yeun) and I’m so close to finishing it… I started the bind-off only to remember that I didn’t want to just bind-off, I wanted to add a couple of rows of seed stitch so it wouldn’t roll. So now I have to UN-Bind-off and knit those couple of rows.
- I knit all the pieces of the cuties monster ever. Her name is Penelope. The pattern is wonderful and all I need to do now is stuff her and put the face on. Hoping that I can get her completed this weekend. She will be wonderful in pictures I’m sure!
- I completed a very cute crocheted hat… yes, a baby hat.
- Oh and we took the RV out to Ike Kinswa State Park – this was a great weekend, but no knitting got done.
Now about this new mystery.
A Mystery Animal KAL… yes, today begins another mystery knit a long! Well OK, yes I am going to join in on this one too! Big surprise. There are 4 clues, each delivered on a Friday. This first clue says BODY and has 49 rounds. I will be starting very soon tonight.
The CLUE at the bottom of the page says “This mammal has more than 250 species in his family. He’s not the most diverse creature in the world, but he has it all over the aardvark (total aardvark species = 1). But really, how many types of aardvarks does one planet need?”
So I went out and searched and found this… Carnivores are a group of mammals that consists of about 250 species. Carnivores include dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes, bears, raccoons, mustelids, sea lions, fur seals, hyenas, aardwolves, wolverines and cats.
I’m hoping that this mystery animal is a dog or wolf, bear or maybe even a sea-lion or a seal. I’m sure I will love whatever it is! If you want to join this KAL you can find the details here. Go ahead, go look you know you want to make an animal. And I love Emily Ivey – Oh, I didn’t tell you that Emily is the designer! I love her website too.
OK, I need to get busy and do some house fluffing before mom gets here and then I want to start my mystery animal! I’ll take lots of pictures this weekend and update this post properly with pictures!